It is important to know that regardless of the electric supplier you choose, Eversource or UI will deliver your electricity, bill you for service, and respond to power outages. Only Eversource or UI can terminate your service.
Connecticut’s Rate Board shows Eversource and UI Standard Service generation rates and Fixed rates offered by licensed suppliers.
The Rate Board and supplier information are maintained by the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA).
You can reach PURA toll free at 800-382-4586 for information about Standard Service generation or choosing an electric supplier or click here to submit a question or complaint to PURA’s Consumer Affairs Unit.
- You are not required to switch to a licensed supplier.
- Switching to a supplier is easy and happens on your meter reading date.
- Residential cancellation fees are capped at $50.
- Learn more by using the links under Important Information.
Things to Know About Standard Service
- Standard Service is the generation option provided by Eversource and UI.
- Standard Service rates change on January 1st and July 1st and are fixed for six months. Standard Service rates are announced about seven weeks before the rates are effective: May 10th and November 10th, respectively.
- Returning to Standard Service is easy.
- Eversource and UI must return residential customers to the Standard Service rate within 72 hours of the request.
- Your electric bill is divided into two parts: delivery and generation. Delivery rates are fully regulated. For generation, you can remain with Eversource or UI Standard Service rates or choose a licensed supplier.